Do you have any " problem" chickens?

Yes,

I have a pullet that was attacked by a raccoon and her wing was pulled off -- completely out of the socket and down to the bone. She has survived that attack and seems pretty chipper and not on the edge of death or in shock -- (it's been a couple of weeks). Her eyesight is not that good...but I don't think she is blind.

What makes you ask? Do you have a chicken/chick that is blind?

I have a young swedishhen flower pullet that was hatched in July that has stopped growing. I swear she is a dwarf of some type! Looking for someone to keep her as an indoor chicken pet if you know of anyone, located near Cleveland, Ohio

Sorry to hear of your attacks :( well, I wanted to buy some. I know it sounds weird, but I like taking care of them and working with them. We have a blind goose, one eyed silkie, and we had a one legged silkie.

Sorry to hear of your attacks :( well, I wanted to buy some. I know it sounds weird, but I like taking care of them and working with them. We have a blind goose, one eyed silkie, and we had a one legged silkie.
Well it's wonderful that you take care of the cast offs :)

I have a few myself. I have a scissor beak Easter Egger, and two partially blind hens. :)

Ok, that's what they're called! Scissor beaks! Those are the ones I'm mainly looking for. One of mine used to be, but I cured her.
How the heck do you cure a scissor beak? :/

My guy is pretty bad - but all my food is wet down anyway. He eats fine. Looks weird. lol

His name is Edward Scissor Beak

You have to get one of those old fashioned nail files that have the little handle then for like five minutes everyday file it down, but make sure to hold their head still so that it doesn't shake the crud out of their brains! Lol then I'd get a hair band and wrap it around their beak for like an hour and bring them inside and over time it heals itself. But if you have a super super bad case it could hurt them to put the band on.

Back
Top Bottom