do you have any silkie crosses?

wyndski,
So all four (boys and girls) had the same color feet? I read somewhere that they could be told apart that way. I didn't necessarily believe it, and I only have one baby so nothing to compare it to. Gender's stillout on mine (6 wks old now).

~Terry

PS- Love the "everything else is just a horse"!!! I have Arabians, too!

Yes all four have dark feet so far. They keep changing so much, I know that their father changed up until he molted. the father and grandfather both have a redish tint to their feet. Here is a few pictures of the one silkie mix roo from when he first hatched til now.
This is all four of them, the one with light on him is this roo.
chicks2.jpg

this is about a month later..
BlackGreyWhiteChick3.jpg

this is about a month after that..
chick4.jpg

Then a month later..
whtroo.jpg

Then this is the latest picture I have of him..
TheSituation.jpg

Hello, I am just getting chickens for the first time since I was a kid. I enjoy it very much. I bought a silkie chick 1 day old from a lady here in AL who gets them in TN I believe from a hatchery. I asked for a partridge and I noticed right away the silkie feet had the cute fur and all looked like a silkie. It's six weeks later now and a couple days. It's feathers don't look like a silkie when they came in. It looks like reg feathers just so soft. It actually looks so much like my ameraucana chickens. The skin is not black like the skin on a silkie. It's not that lighter slate gray like a ameraucana chicken either. It's white. ??? I looked at the legs & the under part of it's wing. I told the lady where I got it from & she said it could be a mix but she has no idea how it could have happened. I was telling her how it don't have a poof on it's head like a silkie it had a red line thingy. LOL sorry I don't know the terms for what things are called yet. :) She said it could be a Roo. Since silkie are to little to sex & I got them at 1 day old I just took a guess & tried to pick pullets. I think it's a pretty chicken either way & I will have to post some pictures soon. Oh yeah, it does have the 5 toes. The poof on the legs are always puffed out pretty. Very different looking.

Back
Top Bottom