Do you have Duckie toys *UPdate PICS***Post 1

Hattiegun

Songster
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
Twin Lakes, Iowa (Manson)
do u have toys they play with. ?? Im always looking for toys ~~~~~~~~ they like a lot of the cat toys~~~~~~~ they love ones with bells ( I get ones with larger bells as my ducks are so little if they bell came off they cant swallow it ) , and feathers, I hang some toys so they can reach up and peck at them.. have a couple straps with snaps they like to pick at ~~~ they luv rings of Old keys
gig.gif
... ??!!! they love fringe on blankets too...

43749_2011-01-26_17-17-57_810.jpg

43749_2011-01-26_17-19-03_453.jpg

43749_2011-01-26_17-14-07_230.jpg

43749_2011-01-26_17-20-16_137.jpg

43749_2011-01-26_17-20-38_53.jpg

43749_2011-01-26_17-24-23.jpg

43749_2011-01-26_17-22-00_970.jpg

43749_2011-01-26_17-19-18_642.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried giving mine different things to play with but they freak out and won't go near it. They're not so good with change and new "things". They seem so bored right now I'd love to find something to entertain them.

I would love to hear about this! My girls are having the winter blues too! they hate being out in the snow and have refused most toys i offer. (when they were babies they liked to curl up with stuffed animals but now toys just seem to boring for my girlies!)

Never thought of giving them toys, mine tend to pluck the chickens feathers but will have to try some of the ideas.

Mine love anything with a tag. When they were itty bitty, they'd curl up in front of the tag on the towel for the night and chomp away at it. And now, anytime they are near anything with a tag, they sit there and chomp.
We tossed an empty "lime" juice thing with some water in their pool and they push that around now and then. The rubber duckie from halloween doesn't float right now, so they ignore him.
Haven't tried the cat toys with bells in them, may have to give that a try at some point.

You folks just gave me the best idea. The only things my inside disabled duck likes to play with, other than my hands and ears, is the keyboard to my computer. My keyboard recently died and I haven't thrown it away yet, I was hoping to find recycling for some of my dead computer equipment. But now I think I'll bungee it to the side of his day cage. He loves to push the buttons, maybe it will entertain him for a day or two.

I've tried everything I can think of, I've bought rubber duckies for his bathtub, infant dangley type toys for his cage, but he ignores everything. Well actually he is afraid of the stuffed animals and thinks the mouse shaped cat toys are real mice that should be avoided or if necessary killed. Luckily I found most of these rejected toys at the Salvation Army or I'd be broke.

Has anyone tried the dog toys where you put the dog treats in the ball and they fall out as the dog rolls the ball around? I was thinking my board ducks and geese might enjoy that filled with cat food.

Mine like to play with floating sticks,plant branches, and pine needles in their pond.

They also like to peck at plastic cups and buckets. That is the first thing they head to when i am in there cleaning the aviary.

Hmmm have to try the balls with the treats in them.. they like the balls with the bells in them... I have an old keyboard... I remember when they were little they used to try and get my computer keys all the time.... My one littte girl is sometimes afraid of new toys at first but, then she wateches the others play and she ends up playing... they also like to peck at paper towel cardboard rolls...

ok some good ideas, but when you say cat and dog toys what sort of things do you mean. Sorry but never thought of giving them toys. I have 2 mallard ducks in with my chickems and have notices the boys does try plucking feathers from the chickens so what sort of things could i put in with them.

Anyone have pics of animals with their toys

What a good idea! I'm going to have to try the treat ball idea! The one thing my girls like is when you hang wet spagehtti above their heads. the chase it and peck at it! if you hold it one at a time it lasts a while but I don't do it often because spagetti isnt the best for them...
Emily

Back
Top Bottom