Do You Have Human Sized Traps?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by DrinkTheRainbow, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    I think our neighbor stole our cockerel. Now, the poor pullet that came with him looks really depressed. She has no one with her. We don't bring them outside because they can't tolerate the cold and they probably won't survive out there with occasional bullies.

2. Moonkit

Moonkit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Richardson, Texas
    With all the roosters people are trying to give away.. is stealing one really necessary? sheesh.. In any case.. what proof/evidence do you have for the neighbor being the culprit? You can buy and raise up a chick or two to put with the remaining pullet for company. Or search your local craigslist adds for another rooster. Look around for advertisement on fairs/trade days/flea markets.. you might be able to find some birds there to keep your lady company.

3. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    So sorry to hear that. I've read so many stories about birds being stolen, I have locks on all my coops now. Its a small investment, and it helps with the worry. I'm sure you'll be able to find another cockerel, hopefully it wasn't a super valuable bird that was lost.

4. Saltcreek

Saltcreek Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2011
    South Central Ohio
    Use a game camera with infra-red flash for night use. The Law will trap them when you provide photos. Bear traps may work, but the screams may cause chickens to stop laying for awhile. [​IMG] (just kidding)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by