DO YOU HAVE MORE CHICKENS THAN ORDINANCE ALLOWS?

I'm allowed 0 but I have 6 hens!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Loving all these chicken rebels!!! You go Eagan!-I am in Burnsville, so not far from you-we are allowed 4 hens. (recent change to Ordinance)
Seems like we are all just enjoying some chicken stress relieve. Glad my neighbours are nice and seem to live and let live. Think I would move if I had to give up my chickens.
wink.png

I'm only allowed to have 4 and no roo. I now have 7 and have no room for more so I'm good. Neighbor on one side is nice and they get the extra eggs. (The coop is closer to their property)

Lately, my one older hen has been crowing like a rooster, so how does the town ordinance work around that? Extra rooster eggs for the town official?
smile.png
They're special!

I am not even allowed chickens as an ordinance, but had a small bantee rooster named Roaster for 8 years. He was killed by a raccoon.
I now have 6 hens and wish I could have another rooster. Have to keep them all undercover till we move to our farm.

idunno.gif
I don't know what is or isn't permitted. I tried looking it up on the internet. Nothing posted. Small community with farms here & there & residential areas. I don't have a farm. I won't call & ask because they will know who I am & come snooping.

At the moment 70 chickens from a few days old to 2 years old. Gave my rooster away March 1st. He was supposed to be a pullet. Bought lots of chicks straight run. Someone began crowing today. I need to identify the culprit.

We're allowed 3 but have 6. The neighbors think they're cute, especially when they tuck into the fresh eggs we give them. They escaped one day while I was at work and 2 neighborhood guys and the mailman chicken wrangled them all back into the coop. If only I had a video!

I'm about to go rebel! I have 3, allowed 6. Gosh, looky, I have 43 eggs in my incubator!! Ooops.
wink.png

I'm thinking I could get away with 8 ~ I'm thinking that way even more so, now that I've learned about Banty math!
lol.png

You would think someone would have come across a 'no crow' gene, sorta like making a frizzle! I love the roos, they're just gorgeous, and take care of the hens, and CAN be sweethearts! But no, I'm not going to chance a rooster in town. Darn it.

i am legal!
big_smile.png
I am allowed 3. the past 2 years I have come home with 6 bantys, but through death and giving some away, am down to the right number. Now if I could just get the old one to not kill the new ones we'd be fine.

Back
Top Bottom