Do you have picky eaters? Try cinnamon and sugar....

Solsken Farm

Songster
12 Years
Feeding my kids is like buying a lottery tickets. Lots of wasted money. They don't like pb&j, they don't like grilled cheese, or sandwiches. One doesn't even like bread.
roll.png

So, I try to get protein into them. Eggs? Forget about it. Until today. My son bought 25 cent dozen of precious bantam eggs at a chicken swap. He held them like they were gold, proudly telling anyone who would listen, t"These are my size." He carried them around for hours. and would open the carton up and look admiringly at each one.

This is a child who won't eat eggs, not scrambled, hard boiled, fried,...... His brother and sister are the same. Frustrating given we now have 50 plus chickens.

A miracle happened today. My daugheter, who is 8, cooked my son's tiny eggs for him and herself and her brother. This was her first stove top chef experience. Since they all hate salt and pepper, she improvised and put cinnamon/sugar on them.

They loved them and finished their plates.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
My somewhat fussy 7 year old will ALWAYS eat better when the 9.5 year old cooks for him. It's amazing.

Well there you go…turn the cooking over to the 8 year old...would work for me.
clap.gif

Not really, I enjoy cooking and I was very fortunate to have 4 kids that would eat almost anything I put in front of them. The only thing they wouldn't touch that I really liked and would have made often if they would eat it was corned beef....I love corned beef but even DH won't touch it. I have to satisfy my craving for it by buying it in the deli and making myself a big old honking sandwich every once in a while.

i AM a picky eater.......

I won't eat....
tomatoes
cucumber
almost any kind of pepper of jalepeno
just plain spinach
'soft cooked' eggs
caviar
anchovies
almost any fish (tuna is the only exception)
veggie chips
VINAGRETTE on salad or anything

HMMMMM>>>
cinnamon/sugar.
i am going to give this a try. my daughter survives on spit and air but my son will eat just about anything that cant get away from him fast enough.
lol.png

i will be forever indebted to you if this works on her.
thnks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom