Do you name your chickens?NEW POLL!

Do you feel that naming your chickens you will become to attached to them?

• Yes,I do

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • No,Not really

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Well,It depend on if I am keeping the chicken for laying purposes

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
One of mine is named hope too
wee.gif

this is my hen Hope

Heck yeah!! We currently have 12 hens and 1 duck. All are named. 8 more coming in spring. We name EVERYTHING here! Thankfully, most of my chickens are either separate breeds or are different looking enough from others of their same breed that they can be told apart. I love coming up with names for pets. I sometimes have to step back and let my kids name a few here and there, even if it is something like "Princess" or "Angel"
roll.png
Oh, sorry, those are the goldfish, lol! Thankfully, the names they have picked for some are pretty cute, like Daffodil for a yellow EE, or a very out going roo we had named "Spunky". I can see not naming meaties. I think having names helps reference them too. I like the name Hope, I may have to steal that one!!

Yup! Layers are named Faith, Hope, Charity, Grace; Silkies are Shadrach, Meshach, Abednigo (they survived super high incubator temps for a long period of time), Navidad (hatched day after Christmas), Cassidy (Partridge silkie) and 4 teenagers that I'm trying to wait till they are old enough to sex before naming them, AND 5 teeny 6 day old Showgirls/Silkies that are not named. Oh! And one teenager Showgirl with super long "eyebrows" named Rooney...

All are loved MADLY!

I have yet to issue any names, being that I only have my three "experiment birds" that I started with last year to prove to myself that I was responsible enough to keep them alive, lol. I didn't want to name them and get attatched and then something go wrong. Now they all just answer to "Lady and gentlemen" and that works for now. I have some Nankin coming in a few weeks and am super excited once I've culled down to the one's I intend to breed and show I will probably name them. I agree on the not naming anything you're going to eat bit. It just makes it feel weird.

Back
Top Bottom