Do you persist with handling the young chicks that don't like it? **SUCCESS** :)

I just sat in the run with a cuppa and a book and chilled out there for ages several times during the days, and a few times I caught her with firm hands (making sure she had nowhere to run so we didn't have the "chase/flap" thing going on. Then I held her on my lap stroking her gently and chatting to her from time to time until she relaxed - it took AGES for her to stop sitting there all tensed up ready to fly.

By the end of day two she was still a bit hard to catch, but those photos show her barely a few seconds after picking her up, so she's relaxing a lot quicker and I don't feel like she's terrified of being caught any more.

I just sat in the run with a cuppa and a book and chilled out there for ages several times during the days, and a few times I caught her with firm hands (making sure she had nowhere to run so we didn't have the "chase/flap" thing going on. Then I held her on my lap stroking her gently and chatting to her from time to time until she relaxed - it took AGES for her to stop sitting there all tensed up ready to fly.

By the end of day two she was still a bit hard to catch, but those photos show her barely a few seconds after picking her up, so she's relaxing a lot quicker and I don't feel like she's terrified of being caught any more.
yay!

Back
Top Bottom