Do You Ship Eggs?

I have looked all through Arizona's website for our Department of Agrigulture and cannot find any requirement for hatching egg importation. I do find (which surprises me as I have previously found no improt requirements) that poultry who are imported must have either a health certificate or the NPIP form you refer to. It is very obvious from the context that they are talking live birds, not eggs.

There are lots of specifics about eggs for human consumption, but none for hatching eggs.

There is no permit required.

Quote:
I spent half the morning calling all over the US. I talked to someone at the AZ Dept of Ag, and hatching eggs must have an NPIP VS 9-3. My list does not indicate that another permit is required for AZ.

Well, I guess until I receive the letter, which I checked for Missouri and only found info on live birds also, I will keep shipping eggs to people that want them.
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

Quote:
Missouri requires a permit. I got a letter from them.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/adrules/csr/current/2csr/2c30-2.pdf

(D) All poultry and hatching eggs imported
into Missouri require an entry permit prior
to shipment. Annual entry permits shall be
issued by the department to participants in the
NPIP or an equivalent program. Producers
not approved by NPIP or an equivalent program
must request a permit with each shipment.​

pips&peeps :

I spent half the morning calling all over the US. I talked to someone at the AZ Dept of Ag, and hatching eggs must have an NPIP VS 9-3. My list does not indicate that another permit is required for AZ.

Then they need to amend their published rules--hatching eggs are not listed, and a reading of the rules does not at all make it obvious that hatching eggs would be included.​

Greenfamilyfarms could you send me a PM and let me know where you found the NC rules? I haven't shipped any eggs, but thinking I might in the future I have been searching for them.

I even left my name and phone number at the post office. They were supposed to call me but I'm pretty sure at this point they lost the slip of paper with my request.

Thanks,
Laney

In WV NPIP is a FREE Federal Funded program to get into. I'd say it's FREE in other states also. My Ag person told me that I would be required to send the VS 9-3 for for any hatching eggs or live chicks sold. He did say that the state of VA would require my NPIP number from WV to be legal to ship there. Check with each state so you'll know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom