1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do you think I have it right?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by alliegg, Mar 22, 2016.

1. alliegg

alliegg Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2015
    We picked out names today and I was curious if you all think I have the genders correct. The splash is 9 weeks old, the dominiques are 6 weeks, and the marans 5 weeks.
    [​IMG]

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Ralph and Bernie are totally dudes, and also (mind me fo butchering it) Imogene? looks like it *could* be a dude, but it'd be a stretch. <3

1 person likes this.
  3. Gnarled Carrots

Gnarled Carrots Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2016
    Washington
    Ralph and Bernie definitely look like roosters. I'd agree that Imogene might be. Doesn't look as prominently rooster in the pic, but the comb is a little large. It'll be easier to tell in a couple weeks! The other 3 definitely look like hens. Although that sometimes changes drastically between 5 and 10 weeks!

1 person likes this.
  4. alliegg

alliegg Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2015
    Thanks guys. The reason I think Imogene is a girl is based on her dark coloring, as I have read, dominique girls have more black than white. Also the perspective in her picture may be a bit off because she was moving toward me so her comb seems a touch bigger in the picture than in real life. She is the most friendly and docile of the bunch and loves to snuggle in our lap. I will keep updating as they grow.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Ralph, Bernie, and Imogene look like cockerels to me.

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by