Do you think the Earth is Round or flat?

What do you think?

• Total voters
I'll take that back, I forgot that there isn't a north pole, so it's a pear:
1623454627495.png

Dust, water vapour and pollution in the air will rarely let you see more than 20 kilometres (12 miles), even on a clear day. Often, the curvature of the Earth gets in the way first. For example, at sea level, the horizon is only 4.8 kilometres (2.9 miles) away. On the top of Mt Everest, you could theoretically see for 339 kilometres (211 miles), but in practice clouds get in the way. For a truly unobstructed view, though, look up. On a clear night, you can see the Andromeda galaxy with the naked eye, which is 2.5 million light years away – that’s 24 quintillion kilometres (15 quintillion miles), in case you were wondering.

The paragraph above is something I found on line. If you can actually see this far then how come when you are standing on a beach and look out to sea, you can only see about 3 miles if it is clear? Shouldn't you be able to see across the whole ocean if it was clear enough? The reason you can't see more than about 3 miles is because of a world which is pretty close to round. Also if the world is flat then why isn't the moon and the other planets flat as well? I definitely think the world is round. This is my thought on it

Back
Top Bottom