Do you think these are OEGB??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ESofVA, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    I try to stay away from OEGB .I don't particularly care for them, but I do know that other people do and that is fine with me.
    When I bought my new chicks I took all of the ones that had feathered feet and only the ones I could ID that were clean legged...eg sebrights.
    Then I went back the store to take a White-faced Black Spanish bantam roo to a friend that works there and of course they had to have new bantams in!!! There were some left over from the batch that I didn't buy the last time so I bought the 1 we had decided not to take before. Then of course there were the others I hadn't taken that I was afraid might be OEGB.
    Really wanting Japanese or Dutch gave in and of course bought 4 iffys and a really pretty Cochin I liked that had just come in ....all bantams .Any early guesses on these 4 iffy clean legged chicks??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The one on the left...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    4 again...
    [​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm not sure on the breed, but they are sure cute! It is certainly a possibliity that they are OEG. TSC seems to sell a lot of them.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

4. shmccarthy

shmccarthy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    The chipmunk colored one could possibly be a silver duckwing oegb. That's exactly what mine look like as chicks and the wing color match so far. They're gorgeous as adults. :)

5. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    I think hatcheries must hatch an awfully lot of OEGB. I have only ordered chicks from 2 hatcheries but every time they have substituted chicks that weren't available, or in mixed bantams...they were mostly OEGB. The only place besides the SS that I get my chicks from is 50 miles away and is a TSC, but I don't even know for sure they get chicks at all.
    I was afraid they might be OEGB but thought it might be worth a chance. The Farm Swap is at our SS at the end of Sept and I had planned to take the ones I ended up with (after deciding which ones I wanted to keep) to sell there. I am also taking a few of my laying hens as I ordered "cherry-eggers" (or whatever they are because I was told conflicting answers by the hatchery) and am keeping them instead as soon as they start laying. They are now 5 1/2 months old and if they aren't laying by then, I will wait and sell my other hens on Craigs List.
    I also had 1 last year that looked pretty much like #3 and and it was a silver duckwing OEGB. I sold it! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by