Do you think they will hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by A Carolina Chick, Jun 23, 2008.

1. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    I rush home to beat the Mail Lady to my house, but she had already beat me. My eggs were left in my mailbox, but I have not idea how long. It was hot in the opened mailbox. I usually already have my incubator up and running before my eggs get here, but I had a crazy weekend and forgot to do it. Well, I pop the eggs in and plug it up. I had to run a few errands and 4 hours later I come home to find that the incubator was only 90 degrees. I openned up my bator and realized that the fan wasn't working. I took it apart and there was a spider nest in there keeping the fan from working. I cleaned it up and put it back together. It is almost at 100 degrees now. What do you all think?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Don't stress...They should do just fine...candle at day 7 or 10 and see what you have....good luck

3. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I certainly don't have a lot of experience, but it sounds like you should be fine! Good luck and keep us posted!

4. bwhite28

bwhite28 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2007
    Southeastern PA
    You should be okay, most people dont set their eggs right away anyway so the yolks can settle. I'm sure you have some chicks running around in no time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by