Do your Easter Eggers sometimes sound different?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tls_ranch, Dec 16, 2009.

1. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

My EE Violet just made a sound that I'd never expect from a chicken. I let them out of the coop this morning. As usual, all the chickens took off running in every direction. It's like a Kentucky Derby of chickens. But, this morning Violet tried to "one up" the others and fly. While flying she made a noise/call that sounded like a pheasant crossed with a jungle bird of some kind! It scared all the other chickens and even Violet looked startled.

2. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I've ceased being surprised by the wide variety of really weird noises that my chickens make! But seriously, I've never had my EEs make any outstandingly unusual noise compared to the others. Maybe Violet is just talented. How old is she?

3. chickfluff

chickfluff Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    San Diego
    My EE has a very certain type of cluck. BUT, when she is laying an egg and you disturb her, she makes the strangest little noise! I think it's 'cause I startled her. [​IMG] EE are unpredictable! (Which makes them so lovable![​IMG])

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by