Does a Bear #$%& in the woods?

NancyDz

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Dutch Flat, CA
Okay so today I find this about 30 feet from my back door on the path towards my chickens... should I be worried? Is it bear?

16895_bearpoo.jpg

What do you think?

For size reference here's my 10lb puppy sniffing it..

16895_bearpoo2.jpg

Edited as uploader didnt like my file name
wink.png

Nancy

Last edited:
So that cant be good if they um do that in your yard right??? Is that a way of marking territory or something?? Man that is close....

For years I live just down the hill from you, in Weimar. Had to deal with them every year. First things first, LOAD YOUR GUN, next get a good electric fence up. Run the hot though barb wire, this penetrates the hide. The little thin wire that comes for electric fences doesn't do a thing to the bear. Some people will tell you to place bacon or something on the wire, so the bear get a nose shot. Good luck with your bear. I just moved in June and again this year all my friends have said each sow had 2 or 3 cubs with them.

Thanks for the tips panner... yea my neighbor saw a sow with 2 cubs crossing the road just 100 yards up from us. Ive only been up here a month ... came from Auburn. Ill load the gun and get going on that electric fence tomorrow!

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom