Does a silkie egg have a shorter time to hatch than other eggs?

Happy Henny I wouldn't think so, no. I would think it would only really make a difference between species (ex. Chicken, duck, quail) but I've never incubated Silkie eggs. I've seen several breeds eggs hatch out early before, but I've also seen some in the same batch hatch late so maybe someone with more Silkie knowledge will come along and answer your question better than I can. I would like to know as well as I've read they make great mothers and good pets so they seem exceptional to have in a flock.

Happy Henny I wouldn't think so, no. I would think it would only really make a difference between species (ex. Chicken, duck, quail) but I've never incubated Silkie eggs. I've seen several breeds eggs hatch out early before, but I've also seen some in the same batch hatch late so maybe someone with more Silkie knowledge will come along and answer your question better than I can. I would like to know as well as I've read they make great mothers and good pets so they seem exceptional to have in a flock.

Sometimes there can be a slight difference in hatchtime in the same species. For example call ducks and seramas have a incubation length just a bit shorter than standard sized chickens and MD ducks.

Silkies do not have a difference in days. It might be a few hours shorter than a standard sized breed but who wants to take the time to test that?

I want to say the ones under my broody hatched on day 20, but i'm not completely certain. but i have 15 in the incubator now and their a week from hatch day!

Back
Top Bottom