does any one here have pet insurance.

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi everyone. I wanted to get some pet insurance for my dog Einstein. but there are so many im not sure which one to get, or which one is worth paying for. so I was wondering if anyone on here has pet insurance. thanks.

I do not, but I wish I had. I have been paying off my dog's surgery for a few years now, and it will probably take a few more. Accidents happen, but then there were complications following surgery and the associated costs went up exponentially.

I do not, but I wish I had. I have been paying off my dog's surgery for a few years now, and it will probably take a few more. Accidents happen, but then there were complications following surgery and the associated costs went up exponentially.

Same here :hmm Sons dog broke his leg and had it plated & screwed twice as the first surgery didn’t work. All in all it was £4000 but thank goodness we had a contingency fund. Of all the years we have had animals we have never had insurance but always put money away. So in essence we would have spent that anyway on insurance over the years with out ever claiming.

Pet insurance is different than a lot of "human" insurance plans.

Most pet insurance companies that I am aware of from working in vet clinics in Kansas, Oklahoma and Alaska, require you to pay for all of your vet fees "up front" and then you submit your paid receipts to the company for reimbursement. You are still "out of pocket" a LOT of $$$ up front.

IMO, you are better off with a good savings account, and/or a Care Credit account that allows you an interest-free time period to pay off charges.

Pet insurance is different than a lot of "human" insurance plans.

Most pet insurance companies that I am aware of from working in vet clinics in Kansas, Oklahoma and Alaska, require you to pay for all of your vet fees "up front" and then you submit your paid receipts to the company for reimbursement. You are still "out of pocket" a LOT of $$$ up front.

IMO, you are better off with a good savings account, and/or a Care Credit account that allows you an interest-free time period to pay off charges.
^^^^THIS^^^

Back
Top Bottom