Does Anybody Enjoy Their Guineas Yelling?

I love it
smile.png

ok guys. I am buying a trio tomorrow. I have never had them before. Or nevery heard them either. But i was told they are very lound. Can some one explain to me what i am getting into here. How loud can they really be?Louder than a rooster. Or is it all the time. Or just when some thing there.

They definitely go through stages. When they first mature they are loud and freak at everything, now that mine are more mature they seem to have settled down a lot. Usually they just roam the place and eat bugs but they do let you know if something is out of place.

i like it when they let me know there are predators around. last time they yelled so loud i had to run to see what was going on... low and behold
A BOBCAT was killing their rooster boyfriend

What they said. I happen to love the sound of my guineas, but it's an acquired taste. I also happen to love listening to my donkeys bray, so I'm probably not normal.

They hit an adolescent stage where they are really, really noisy and go off at the slightest provocation. As they age, they mellow. Mine rarely go off unless there is something in the yard. Who needs guard dogs? I have guineas and geese!

The girl has the double syllable 'buckwheat' call and they are more talkative. I don't think they are any louder than a rooster crow, but sometimes it's more constant. Mine have been quiet all day today, they're just wandering around looking for bugs.

Back
Top Bottom