Does anybody have Jersey Giant crosses?

Dear diary
(cough, cough) I has been one hundred and seven days since I sent message for help and I can start to see depression leaning towards me. I look at it from afar knowing it wants to consume me. As I have tried shooing it off, two concern citizens came but to no avail. (cough, cough) At the end, I still have hope and that's helping me keep warm through the night, but for how long?
Hey I had a BJG roo that crossed on a buff colored hen. I think she is some kind of cross because she has light feathering on her legs and not full feathering. The resulting chicks (I only got 2) were mostly black with some gold leakage. The pullet died but I still have the roo. He is the best boy and beautiful! I'll have to take pics for you but he is black with gold hackles and saddle feathers and a few spots of gold across his chest.

Okay just checking in, aaaaaaaaaand nothing yet..... Alright, well I'll check again in a couple of months.
IMG_20210215_083151.jpg

I know this response is going up on a very old thread but...

When I think about making F1 crosses I think about which traits the variety in question could use improvement. I've not grown JGs but have read they get huge but do it rather slowly.

One the other hand New Hampshires are well known to be one of the fastest finishers of the heritage birds.

I think It would be interesting to put a nice meaty New Hampshire rooster on a meaty JG hen. Maybe we would get a faster giant.
IMG_20210215_083151.jpg

I know this response is going up on a very old thread but...

When I think about making F1 crosses I think about which traits the variety in question could use improvement. I've not grown JGs but have read they get huge but do it rather slowly.

One the other hand New Hampshires are well known to be one of the fastest finishers of the heritage birds.

I think It would be interesting to put a nice meaty New Hampshire rooster on a meaty JG hen. Maybe we would get a faster giant.
IMG_20201217_143537.jpg

Hi everybody, I have received ISA browns, white leghorns, speckled sussex, rhode island red hens with one black Jersey Giant rooster and I was wondering what a cross between them might look like. Does anyone have pictures of a cross with a giant? The more pictures the better :)
Old thread but see someone posted and bought it back up. Will take me awhile but if anyone wants, I can post some pics of White Jersey Giant crosses. I loved those birds, JG's, great breed.
Ended up with a gold laced polish JG cross funny looking bird. Crossed them for awhile with silkies :oops:, and then with naked necks.
Right now all my birds are white Jersey Giant crossed with white naked necks.

Hi, I have BJG that is an absolute sweetheart, just now a year old. I'm answering bc you sounded lonely and desperate, not bc I can actually help you. He is suffering now from frostbitten wattles and comb, poor thing. The problem is I also have a byx roo and don't have the facilities to separate them; they and about 20 hens, a mixed flock, run together: EE, BL and BA. So I'd have no way of knowing the parentage on any offspring later this summer if I were to hatch any. I just wanted you to know you're not alone out there, and I, too, would like to see the results.

Yes, he grew very fast. All three chickens are the same age. The hen just started laying in that pic.
Hi, I have BJG that is an absolute sweetheart, just now a year old. I'm answering bc you sounded lonely and desperate, not bc I can actually help you. He is suffering now from frostbitten wattles and comb, poor thing. The problem is I also have a byx roo and don't have the facilities to separate them; they and about 20 hens, a mixed flock, run together: EE, BL and BA. So I'd have no way of knowing the parentage on any offspring later this summer if I were to hatch any. I just wanted you to know you're not alone out there, and I, too, would like to see the results.

Back
Top Bottom