does anybody keep laying hens in Greece,NY? (suburb of Rochester,NY)

for anybody still reading...

Town of Greece said I had to get a NEW survey of my property done ($340) - and filed the zoning ordinance thingee w/the Town of Greece last Tuesday ($140) - so missed the last deadline but made the next one.

interesting that the lady told me to ask for the biggest hen house/coop (4 X 10) and the most chickens I could possibly want (reality says 4) - she said it's better to go big and have them cut back if need be.

I really onlly wanted 3....but took her advice.

also interesting that she knew exactly how far I could keep a coop from the house....(so somebody HAS to have had them before I think - or at least has asked in past.....)

so I'm now on the the Town Meeting scheduale for Feb 19th.

they are sending written notices of my chicken requests to my nearby neighbors (no idea how many doors they go from me - but I back up to a school yard and 2 soccer fields - so realistically - I think they will only go to left/right of me)

I know the neighbor to the left has no problem....but since I haven't even moved into the house yet (next Saturday is moving day) - I don't know any of the neighbors yet - so this will be a strange way for them to meet me.

I also plan on bringing the Carolina Coop representative with me (nice folks - very helpful) in case they have any questions regarding chickens that me as a newbie cannot answer.

soooo....if anybody reading this happens to live in Greece,NY...and you may....may....just happen to keep illegal chickens or are thinking of getting your own... - feel free to come to the meeting and see how it turns out.

I have no idea how it will play out - but I've already spent $400 on hoped for birdies - so I'll keep going!
I'm stubborn that way.

toodles
amanda
wow, never heard of such a thing. A new survey? unbelievable. Wonder if they get a cut.

Back
Top Bottom