Does anybody know how to cure Sour Crop?

emily_snow707

Chirping
Mar 6, 2021
I have this one chick that was born 7 weeks ago. She got sour crop but I didn’t know what it was at the time. I did some research and separated her but I kept finding a bunch of different things that could cure it and I don’t know what way is the best and safest for my chick. I don’t want to make her vomit. Does anybody know of any natural remedies I could give her?

Photos of the chick and her poop?
Symptoms?
When are you checking her crop?

I would not vomit her. IF the crop is not emptying overnight (check first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink), then begin treating according to the article below. You can find Miconazole or Clotrimazole at stores like WalMart, CVS, Dollar Stores, etc.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
I kept her away from her feed but her crop wasn't shrinking. I would go out there periodically throughout the day just to check up on her. I started giving her yogurt and it seemed to help a lot.

I kept her away from her feed but her crop wasn't shrinking. I would go out there periodically throughout the day just to check up on her. I started giving her yogurt and it seemed to help a lot.
I know lol After my chick got sour crop I got so so so worried. I wanted to see what yall thought about it so I posted about it even though she was better. This was my first time experiencing sour crop and I wanted to see what has worked best for you guys. Like I said in my post, there are so many different opinions on sour crop that I just wanted a neighborhood opinion that I trusted.
So it's resolved? All better?

Back
Top Bottom