Does anyone else HATE packing?

eenie114

Completly Hopeless
14 Years
Dec 6, 2009
Southwestern Washington State
Ugh... I need to pack a suitcase, and I really don't want to. Am I alone here, or do other people find packing to go somewhere REALLY obnoxious?
And why is it that when I need them, matching socks are no where to found???
he.gif

You're not alone. Hate Packing, Necessary evil. Zip Locks and Sharpie markers are my best friends. Zip ties and masking tape help too.

Packing aint no fun, in any form.

Though I'd gladly pack for a vacation in the mountains or to Alaska
wee.gif
Though I don't see that happenin anytime soon
barnie.gif

Packing to move SUCKS!!!
he.gif
Been a month since we started moving, and even with everything and bein moved into the new place, I'm STILL not done unpacking
he.gif

I travel a LOT! The easiest way to start is to figure out how many days you'll be gone. Then put that many underwear and pairs of socks/pantyhose in a baggie. Then how many outfits you will need. Try to coordinate colors so you can mix and match, such as a khaki pants with a blue shirt, then wear the blue shirt with the white skirt. The khaki pants would go with a pale green sweater, the sweater with a pair of jeans. The jeans with a white tee shirt under the blue shirt. You get the drift. Two pairs of shoes (one on your feet). Fill up a ditty bag with the personal items, plop some jewelry in a roll bag and you're good to go. I can usually pack for a week in 15 minutes.
Slinky

I enjoy packing for a trip (got it down to a science now, particularly what with all the fees for checked baggage nowadays) but I HATE packing up ALL my stuff to move. DANG. And then having to unpack it all . . .

I hate moving so much that Hubby and I agreed when we bought this house -- our first -- that we weren't going to move again until *at least* our mortgage is paid off . . . in 20 years!!!! LOL!! (we have a 30 year mortgage but signed up for an accelerated payment program which will save us THOUSANDS in interest and get us paid off about 10 years early, just in time for Hubby to retire!).

I think 20 years will hopefully be enough time for us to forget the nightmare that was packing up the duplex and moving into this new house (which we did in 2008).

I hate packing. I hate labeling boxes, and scrounging packing materials and working with those dumb tape dispensers and just *knowing* that *something* is going to break or get lost (I call it, the Sacrifice to the Moving Gods), and then having to choose between moving it yourself (dealing with weather and multiple trips across town and lots of manual labor) or hiring a moving crew (mucho expensive and how much care do they REALLY give your stuff, particularly everything marked FRAGILE?). . . or, of course, you can always pack your stuff up and rent a U-Haul that's on its last legs to move across the country (BTDT for a friend of mine, yikes, never again).

Such fun!

Yeah, I hate moving. And what the heck do you DO with all the packing materials and boxes and so on once you've unpacked them? We still have boxes in the basement and under our bed and in the closets . . .

Packing. *shudder*

Whitewater (now starting to think that perhaps 20 years is too soon!)

I just packed for dd and dh for a 3 week trip to visit familiy out of country. Hardest part was trying to keep each suitcase under 50 pounds.Used to be a 75 pound limit.We packed more gifts than cloths for each.Then when you go over 50 you have to decide what is REALLY worth taking and/or shuffle between the bags. Traveling used to be fun.

Move packing is worse I agree.Really makes you see how much stuff you have collected over the years. I am just about to purge the house of stuff. It is hard to let go of things you THINK you will use,but once you do you rarely notice it gone.

Back
Top Bottom