Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Hi! I put 7 eggs in the incubator and 3 of them weren't fertile, so I was left with 4. And all four of them hatched! It is actually pretty good for the price, you can adjust the humidity digitally, and the thermometer is accurate, so yeah.

I would recommend it :)

I'm talking about the Janoel MINI one (the 12 egg incubator, not the 48 egg).

Hi
I just Brought one.of these an am just wondering how to adjust the humidity?? It doesn't tell me.in the instructions

Thanks

Hi
I just Brought one.of these an am just wondering how to adjust the humidity?? It doesn't tell me.in the instructions

Thanks

Oh God yeh the instructions are ridiculous, I felt insane just trying to read them aloud...

It is set to incubate chicks by default, but I guess if you're adjusting humidity you want them for ducks?

I couldn't work out how to change the humidity either. I thought that maybe, as there are two settings with decimal points in them, these were the temperatures, and the two settings without decimals were humidity, but I could be wrong...
Also, don't really know what those other setting are, it's all a bit confusing, could've been set out a lot better.

In terms of upping the humidity, maybe spray duck eggs with a light mist of warm water twice a day, and when 4 days before hatching (when you set them onto the lower tray so they don't get turned) sit sterilized jam jar lids with warm water in, one on either side of eggs, as well as warm water soaked in clean, small pieces of fabric, this massively increases moisture surface area.
Just putting more water in won't help make more humidity.

More than anything, buy a digital thermometer to test internal temperature. Incubator screens are commonly inaccurate. And mine is now inaccurate by 2 degree C!!! You can buy a cheapish digital thermometer from Ebay for like £3 ($5.?)

Get one that has a probe attachment so you can place it inside the 'bator and still close it properly.
Turn 'bator on without eggs in, leave on for a whole day, when you know you're going to be in, and keep checking for fluctuations and inaccuracies.

The fault I think my 9 chicken egg one has (not sure about your model) is that the circuit itself is exposed on the underside of the lid, which seems stupid because it is in direct contact with the heat and the moisture residue...

Anyway, I'm incubating eggs now, says it's 37.5 on the screen, but on my digital therm' it says 35.5! So I've had to turn it up 2 degrees and still fluctuates by a massive 0.8.
I'll let you know how it goes. My first lot of chicks were very successful. But if you have a warranty, don't chuck it out...I think Janoel is good at first and then gets crap to be honest, can be very stressful!

Let me know how things go! x

Last edited:
Oh God yeh the instructions are ridiculous, I felt insane just trying to read them aloud...

It is set to incubate chicks by default, but I guess if you're adjusting humidity you want them for ducks?

I couldn't work out how to change the humidity either. I thought that maybe, as there are two settings with decimal points in them, these were the temperatures, and the two settings without decimals were humidity, but I could be wrong...
Also, don't really know what those other setting are, it's all a bit confusing, could've been set out a lot better.

In terms of upping the humidity, maybe spray duck eggs with a light mist of warm water twice a day, and when 4 days before hatching (when you set them onto the lower tray so they don't get turned) sit sterilized jam jar lids with warm water in, one on either side of eggs, as well as warm water soaked in clean, small pieces of fabric, this massively increases moisture surface area.
Just putting more water in won't help make more humidity.

More than anything, buy a digital thermometer to test internal temperature. Incubator screens are commonly inaccurate. And mine is now inaccurate by 2 degree C!!! You can buy a cheapish digital thermometer from Ebay for like £3 ($5.?)

Get one that has a probe attachment so you can place it inside the 'bator and still close it properly.
Turn 'bator on without eggs in, leave on for a whole day, when you know you're going to be in, and keep checking for fluctuations and inaccuracies.

The fault I think my 9 chicken egg one has (not sure about your model) is that the circuit itself is exposed on the underside of the lid, which seems stupid because it is in direct contact with the heat and the moisture residue...

Anyway, I'm incubating eggs now, says it's 37.5 on the screen, but on my digital therm' it says 35.5! So I've had to turn it up 2 degrees and still fluctuates by a massive 0.8.
I'll let you know how it goes. My first lot of chicks were very successful. But if you have a warranty, don't chuck it out...I think Janoel is good at first and then gets crap to be honest, can be very stressful!

Let me know how things go! x

sorry I didn't read what you wrote properly, I am just hatching out chicken eggs, so does it set the humidity automatically??, and is there a setting to see what the humidity is??

I ended up sending it back. We had a few hot days here in Brisbane and the unit couldn't regulate itself and got up to 42 degrees. I'm surprised that 6 of the bubba guineas hatched!!! I was afraid it was going to overheat and burn the house down :) Thanks to everyone who responded...

I ended up sending it back. We had a few hot days here in Brisbane and the unit couldn't regulate itself and got up to 42 degrees. I'm surprised that 6 of the bubba guineas hatched!!! I was afraid it was going to overheat and burn the house down :) Thanks to everyone who responded...

so you sent yours back because it was over heating?? did you buy it in a shop? I got mine over eBay.

I got mine on Ebay Australia as well. Just emailed the seller and said i thought it was faulty as i have heard these have a habit of overheating….wasnt prepared to risk the house with it...
I ordered another one from ebay straight after and it is sooooo much easier to use…digital humidity and temp setting

this is the description, seller is djaymall and they were so helpful, even rang me personally when i had an email question starting off…. and automatically turns eggs...

This is the description on ebay

Digital Fully Automatic Egg Incubator Turner 48 Eggs Poultry Chicken Duck Bird

that looks like a good incubator!!, my janeol's temp seems to be all over the place, I have it set on 37.5-38.5 and on my thermometer I have sitting in it says its 36 or 37.8. once it said 39, so I don't really trust this incubator
if this hatching doesn't go well I might send it back.

Back
Top Bottom