Does anyone else....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Clay In Iowa, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Chuckle to themselves when they pass the eggs in the grocery store.. I just can't seem to control it.

My girls give me 2-12 eggs a day and only 1/2 are laying...

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Yep. And I really crack up when people are buying the "organic" $4/carton eggs since they come from the exact same place! [​IMG]

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Yup.

4. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Quote:I Know, I sell my eggs for $2.50 a dozen. I'll guarantee they are better than anything in the grocery store.

You wanna really crack up??? There's a health food place here that sells Organic free range eggs for $3.49........ drum roll please... for 6 eggs!!!!!!!! Yep $7.00 a dozen.... and they are always short on eggs....

If you bother to go to the website they provide the chickens are fed organic feed, raised in a barn without cages and have "access" to the outside. Each hen has 4 square feet all to herself.......... [​IMG]

My 30 chickens have access to 4,000+ square feet till I get home at 3:00 every day then they can roam 10 acres. Their run has to be mowed every other week because they can't keep up with it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by