Does anyone have a pvc feeder like this?

Motts

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 15, 2013
Hi. Does anyone have or have seen a feeder made like this? If so how did it work?

Getting ready to have my hubbie make a feeder and he wants ideas/plans:)

Devinenveid - Do you have any pictures? How does it work for you.

Appps - I have read many posts but haven't found anyone that had one that looked like this one. Do you know anyone?

Thanks again
smile.png

I made two similar feeders that looks like this

Click on the picture for larger view.

It works great, the holes drilled in the feeder pipe are 2" holes and the birds can't fling out any of the feed and waste it because they have to stick their beak inside to eat. Notice at the top it has two 45degree angle pieces so I can fill it from outside the pen, the cap fits snugly over the top of the last piece of pipe. I didn't glue any of it together, used #8x1/2" self drilling sheet metal screws, because I wasn't sure if it was exactly what I wanted and I wanted to be able to take it back apart. It is working so good I'm not going to change a thing or glue it together I like the screws.

The pipe is the cheap drain pipe which you usually find outside near the black perforated pipe of the home center. Two of these feeders cost me $27 and could have been done cheaper if I hadn't put in the two 45s. For the bottom 90degree angle use the long elbow not the short one, you'll see the difference at the store. With crumbles and damp weather it doesn't always drop right but if you tap on it a little it'll drop well, pellet feed doesn't have this problem and falls well.

Last edited:
These people, CoopsNMore.com have the one your looking at for sale. Some one build the feeder for them and they have a similar waterer.

It's cheaper to build your own and you can make it any size you like. Mine -pictured in the thread above- holds approximately 10 or 12 lbs of feed and fits the 4" height of my pen so I could add the outside the coop filler. Where are you located? If your close to Atlanta I need to build another one and could split the cost of a piece of pipe.

These people, Corpsmen.com have the one your looking at for sale. Some one build the feeder for them and they have a similar water er.

It's cheaper to build your own and you can make it any size you like. Mine -pictured in the thread above- holds approximately 10 or 12 lbs of feed and fits the 4" height of my pen so I could add the outside the coop filler. Where are you located? If your close to Atlanta I need to build another one and could split the cost of a piece of pipe.
Hi i live over in south Alabama(Andalusia) probably to far ..... it takes us about 3-4 hours to come to the Atlanta Shows(we show dogs/Papillon's)
But we now have my Wife's Mother who has Alzheimer's (and the shows have taken a back seat) we do have about 3-5 paps that do need showing bad !!!

What would be the total cost for you to build one like you were saying about sharing cost (of course you would need to charge for your work and time) i might should not have mentioned time and labor (lol) that could get into some real money .
Just kidding with you ........
But that maybe the reason the company is charging so much .

Shannon

Sorry I don't have any better pics than this one attached. My feeder is behind the pullets. I took an empty 5 gal. wheat bucket, drilled 1 inch holes all around, attached a $4 new oil black plastic drip pan from AutoZone, and hung it. I had to create the "roof" to keep the hens from roosting on top of the bucket. It's essentially a gravity fed feeder. Holds a lot of feed.

Loneoak - Thanks for the link to the coopsnmore one. Interesting the one I posted was from a website with DIY instructions. Do you think one like this one would have a spillage problem when the chickens are eating? Unfortunately, I am in California, no where near Atlanta
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom