Does anyone have a Tucker Coop

just by looking at the web site i have a few hesitations

I do not see nails or screws. They used large staples. That may allow the building to shift and lean after a few years.

Also there recommendations for how many birds each will hold is very cramped.

Hi,

This is Tucker of Tucker's Coops...

I love building coops and believe I build the best coops available on the market, because I actually care and enjoy building quality products.
I use pressure treated 2x6s for my larger coop's floor framing where other use untreated 2x4s
Also use 5/8"pressure treated plywood on the floor where most use untreated 1/2" OSB
In my base price I include Glassboard flooring and an insulated metal roof.

As to the concern about using staples, they are best fastener to use at a butt joint and are actually there just to hold the frame in place until the 1x8 solid pine board and baton is nailed to it.

You will not find a more sturdy coop!

Thanks

Tucker

Hi everyone. I just purchased a Tucker coop and could not be happier! I wish we had the time to build our own but we just dont. After reading all the great advice as to how you want to build a sturdy safe coop I was able to find one in PA. Tucker worked with me on adding accesories. My Ladies have the Coop Conceirge which allows their door to open and close at sunrise and sunset. I cannot brag enough about his coops. Check them out online at tuckerscoops.com. Tucker is friendly and can answer any questions you might have.

I have had a Tucker's Coop for about 6 or more years. I've had it moved from one area of my yard to another. It is still in excellent condition. I find it to be better constructed than the coops that you might find at the feed mill etc. I like that the ceiling is insulated. I think the price is very reasonable compared to other coops I've looked at.

If I were handier, I might try building a fancy coop, but this is very practical and well-built.

I am moving this fall, and plan to order another one once I do.

Back
Top Bottom