Does anyone know if there are any ordenances for Chickens in Pinole CA

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Chiquita, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Chiquita

Chiquita New Egg

Oct 25, 2008
    [​IMG]

2. myself&I

myself&I Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    owen county kentucky
    hey pinole ca! we moved from there 4 years ago we lived behind the embers resturant we were county not city but we had everything except a cow no we had chickens and ducks and geese we lived there for 35 years and i dont remember pinole being against animals now if you live in an housing association type thing then i dont think you can well good luck to you [​IMG]

3. suburban farm girl

suburban farm girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Since I live in the Bay Area, too I decided to see what I could find out. I did a google search on Pinole CA municipal code and have this link to share:

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway....ates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:pinole_ca

It looks like yes, chickens are allowed. 1.5 for each 1,000 s/f not to exceed 15 chickens. There is more info about housing, etc. requirements.

And like myself&I said, if you live in a neighborhood with CCR's it might be possible the CCR's would out rule the municipal ordinance. (I'd call animal control to find out for sure.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by