Does anyone know shorthand?

animalsRawesome

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
I was just wondering. I was wanting to learn, and thought I'd see if anyone on here knew shorthand. I put the book to learn Keyscript on my xmas list
fl.gif

Anyone want to learn with me?

My grandmother was a secretary in the 30's and is really good at it. She tends to write everything in shorthand and then we end up having to translate it if we want to read her notes on things. I've never tried it myself, but am pretty good at reading it.

Quote:
That's cool that you can read it. Haha. Once I learn you can check and see if I'm doing it right
wink.png

I've known shorthand for years - and used it for years until computers became commonplace. I learned in high school. I was a secretary when I got out of high school and took shorthand for letters, meetings, etc. I have been cleaning out closets, etc., and found an old Gregg Shorthand dictionary from the 1930s. I have no idea where it came from, but it is very cool. I think it is a pretty obsolete talent these days, though.

I agree. I don't know anyone who knows shorthand. I think it would be an invaluable skill for classes and seminars... and keyscript only uses lowercase letters of the alphabet, so it can be typed on a computer.
thumbsup.gif

My Mom wrote all her diaries in shorthand, we would dig through them but never could invade her privacy
big_smile.png
I would love to read it but I am sure it is obsolete career wise.

Quote:
That's cool that you can read it. Haha. Once I learn you can check and see if I'm doing it right
wink.png

I'm the same way with Spanish, I can't speak or write it, but I can read it.

Quote:
wink.png

I'm the same way with Spanish, I can't speak or write it, but I can read it.

How did you learn that?

Back
Top Bottom