Does anyone know what breed this is?

that's what I was thinking, but it says there only found in chile and china. I found blue eggs in the chicken shed this morning. and started doing all this research

Yes, with that beard, I'd say Easter Egger! :) I have 4 of them. Blue eggs! BONUS!
yesss.gif

that's what I was thinking, but it says there only found in chile and china. I found blue eggs in the chicken shed this morning. and started doing all this research

Your hen is definitely an Easter Egger. EEs are now the most common chickens in America. Hatcheries churn out thousands of them per year by crossing Ameraucanas, which lay blue eggs with brown egg laying breeds to produce hybrids (EEs) that lay eggs in colors other than just blue. If you are not familiar with the difference, there is a good article at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html explaining the difference between Ameraucanas, Araucanas, and Easter Eggers.

I contacted the person I got her from and they said shes an Americana, or mixed with an Americana.

it looks like a americana chicken.a couple of things that makes up an americana if it has either blue,green,pink, eggs.really puffy feathers on its face and some ,and which alot of americanas have greenish legs.

Back
Top Bottom