Does anyone know what this is ?

Quote:
Sigumd was a kids tv show made by the same ppl as HR PuffNstuff
smile.png

It appears to be what they used to call "cola de burro."

They thrive on negligence. Keep it in full light, and water it only occasionaly. Don't let it freeze, and keep the kids away from it. Set it somewhere where and leave it. They are a real pain to move around.

Good luck with the plant. For what it is worth, we used to have the belief that if you say "thank you" for the plant it would die.

Rufus

oh my.
um.
:eek:
sigh, when i first looked at the pic i thought "why is someone posting pictures of green mop?" (sorry!)

and i have no idea what it is but goodness gracious, what a nice gift!
perhaps in your care it will take a turn for the better and . . . look . . . different?

maybe it looks a little more luscious in person? sometimes plants don't photograph "true."

anyway, good luck and happy plant keeping!
smile.png

(p.s. if you have kitties or dogs be sure they can't get to the plantie, i'm sure those long dangly thangs would be an enticing thing for a kitty).

Hard to tell from the picture, but it might be a mistletoe cactus. If it is, they actually like more water than your standard cactus.

2238529471_a8515f3954_m.jpg

Latin name: Sedum morganianum
Common name: Donkey Tail, Burro Tail
Family: Crassulaceae
Group: Succulents
Origin: Mexico, Honduras
Climate: subtropical
Minimal winter temperature: 8-10 °C, 46,4 - 50 - F
Ideal temperature: 24-26 °C, 75,2 - 78,8 - F
Soil: humus-loam-sandy
Flower colour: pink, red

You know when you get the "Haircut Play-doh" kits? And there are those little round headed people with the holes in their heads? And you put the play-doh up there and push it with the tube thing, and the play-doh shoots out like hair?? That's what it looks like,lol. Its a very interesting plant. I know nothing about its care, but good luck with it!

The Donkey Tail sedums are thicker, and there are no spines.
smile.png

Though the plant is in the corner, it may still not get enough sun. I'd check the light that actually hits the plant. Remember that you don't want the actual sun to shine on the plant; through the glass, the plant will burn.
I think it's a rather interesting plant. You may want to hang it up outside when the weather warms. I'd try it with morning light only at first.

Carla

Hmmmmm....Just looked up the info you guys gave me ....none of them look like what I've got . I posted it on the Easy garden forum and no one knew either ! The "shoelaces" as I call them are only 1/4 - 5/8 in width . They DO look like the play dough things though !! I'm mostly concerned on how to water it and how to replant it . It is such a delicate plant , I'm at a loss !She also gave me an aloe vera plant that is about ready to burst out of the pot ! Any ideas on that or the cacti would be great ! thanks !

Back
Top Bottom