Does anyone know where to buy organic compost to put on a garden for this spring?

Does anyone know where to buy organic compost to put on a garden for this spring? I'm in Northeast Indiana.
1619702749883.gif

Call your local nursery first before going to a chain store. Their quality, if they handle compost, is usually much better. If you end up at a chain store, make sure you screen the compost. I used to buy mine from there and it was always terrible ☹️ I just started my own. Its worth the investment and time.

There is a Facebook group of local gardeners in my area for composting. You could look for something like that in your locale.
if your neighbors own animals like horses, rabbits, chickens, goats, then they also have poop=fertilizer.

good luck 👍

View attachment 2641059
Call your local nursery first before going to a chain store. Their quality, if they handle compost, is usually much better. If you end up at a chain store, make sure you screen the compost. I used to buy mine from there and it was always terrible ☹️ I just started my own. Its worth the investment and time.
Aren't the nursery composts more expensive?

Back
Top Bottom