Does anyone make their own Decoy eggs that work?

mkathleen419

In the Brooder
May 31, 2020
Suggestions? I don't have any golf balls... I was thinking of using the old trick of a hole at each end of the egg and blowing out the yolk and then soaking it. I have not figured out what to fill it with to allow it to be my decoy. I know I can buy a ceramic egg but I love to try it the DIY way.

I cut down a block of wood, then sand it into a proper egg. Sometimes I paint it. If you don't have any golf balls, try filling plastic Easter eggs with sand. I haven't tried the blow-out method yet.

Way cool but above my tech capability with the 3d printer! I might try a combo of sand and plaster or epoxy though.

Suggestions? I don't have any golf balls... I was thinking of using the old trick of a hole at each end of the egg and blowing out the yolk and then soaking it. I have not figured out what to fill it with to allow it to be my decoy. I know I can buy a ceramic egg but I love to try it the DIY way.
I push the yolk out of a egg, clean it and use a glue gun and a few non toxic glue sticks to fill up the egg. They fall for it.

Back
Top Bottom