Does anyone sell Jubilee Orps In The US?

Quote:
Other than the fact that they're a whole other breed?
wink.png

Sussex are more refined and slimmer in build with a very horizontal back. Orpingtons, the European types especially, are VERY fluffy and round. Like a Cochin, but without feathers on the legs and instead, white legs.

Also most Speckled Sussex out there are hatchery birds, and their size in comparison would pale drastically. An imported Jubilee Orpington would look like a titan.

Last edited:
Quote:
Other than the fact that they're a whole other breed?
wink.png

Sussex are more refined and slimmer in build with a very horizontal back. Orpingtons, the European types especially, are VERY fluffy and round. Like a Cochin, but without feathers on the legs and instead, white legs.

Also most Speckled Sussex out there are hatchery birds, and their size in comparison would pale drastically. An imported Jubilee Orpington would look like a titan.

Hi Illia, you are absolutely correct in you description of the Jubilee. They are very large and round birds. They are really quite different than the Speckled Sussex (although I like them both) I have pure English Orps as well as Jubilees and the Jubilee feathers are even more different than those of the BBS English orps. They almost don't feel like feathers they are so soft and silky, fluffy and wavy all at the same time
smile.png
it is really difficult to explain. They are even more beautiful than their pictures. We have a few rare breeds and imports and the Jubilees are by far my favorite!
love.gif

Hope you don't mind the pictures of our babies!
Jubilees1a10.11-600x518.jpg

jubileePullet10.11-600x581.jpg

JubileeCockerel10.11-600x549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom