Does anyone still name their car/truck?

Wow I'm not the only weirdo talking to my car! My 95 diesel burb (that I love) is not named really we mostly just call it 'the burb' but I do talk to it
smile.png
or yell at it when the darn 'service engine light' comes on. Which it does all the time! Grrrr! she drives great and is very reliable.
My DHs 04 Duramax... we call affectionately 'the precious'
smile.png

Just wondering. There is a Winfield, West Virginia not far from me.
One of those bump in the road towns WV is full of.

My moms old truck was Trixie and the old piece of junk car but sometimes working is Bessy. So that way when were driving up a hill we say "c'mon ol' bessy! You can do it!"
tongue2.gif

our ford windstar we traded in was betty the hormonal mess (betty had issues with the brake light and no matter how many times i took it the problem was never fixed) after replacing the altinater twice in 8 months I was done I needed something relaible with 4 kids to cart around.
our ford expedition is un named yet
and our 94 chevy is chug along chuck (named that after the tranny went and it had 1st and second gear left)

My Cadilac Catera is named Cat...my mechanic calls it the "catastrophy" When she is not being good I threaten her with the junk yard.
Right now she seems to think she doesnt need oil to run and spits it out faster than I put it in...maybe I just havnt found her favorite brand?

We loved Jeep Cherokees; had three in a row. Looking back on it, I don't know why we loved them. I could do stand-up comedy routines on the repair issues for any one of the jeeps. I always threatened to paint the current Jeep yellow and call it "Sunkist". I cried one time when I got my Jeep out of the repair shop, paid the $800 repair bill and the repair shop caught fire the next day and burned to the ground. Why didn't I wait?

Now we have a Subaru Forester which hasn't had any problems and I have a Chevy S-10 pickup the color of pluff mud. We don't really name them although my DH calls my truck "Chuck". Highly original name, huh?

Anyone who's ever driven the Hemi calls it the same thing. "Holy #$*! we're already doing 90"! EDIT - that's followed by an immediate brake check.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom