Does anyone use 5 gallon buckets for their ducks?

anonymous99

Songster
Jun 20, 2021
If so, are they affective?? How do you turn them into waterers for your ducks and how long does the water last? I’m going somewhere in a few weeks and i want my ducks to be able to have enough water to last them for 2 days. How can I convert a 5 gallon bucket into a waterer?? Are there any instructions and pics for this??

If so, are they affective?? How do you turn them into waterers for your ducks and how long does the water last? I’m going somewhere in a few weeks and i want my ducks to be able to have enough water to last them for 2 days. How can I convert a 5 gallon bucket into a waterer?? Are there any instructions and pics for this??
I've done it with these cups: https://www.amazon.com/RentACoop-Au...t=&hvlocphy=9010632&hvtargid=pla-809464090212

It works well. Occasionally a cup will start to leak and need to be replaced. I actually switched them to a 15 gallon container, but I started with a 5 gallon bucket. It's the best thing I've found for watering the ducks so far.

I use 3 gal and I make holes in the lids.
1E6B587F-364A-42F6-86C7-49252860F4AE.jpeg

Nope, not for water. I use them for food buckets though. I use 1-gallon buckets for water and they are cleaned every single night when I put the ducks to bed. I can't imagine any water lasting for more than a day.

We also use one gallon buckets (heated dog bowls so water doesn't freeze in winter) and also clean them out every evening before bed. Water lasts about a day as well.

I use one of these. The water does get dirty in the dispensers by the end of day, but I just tip it slightly and let the fresh water come out. It also has little inserts in the water trays that you can pick up and dump out any feed or debris. Got it at TSC. Well worth the $. It has a little stopper in the water hole that allows you to carry it by the handle without water spilling out when you are refilling the jug. The stopper gets pushed inside when you put it in place, and the water is free to fill the dispensers.

I've tried many, many, many options and this is the most practical and least water wasting I have found so far.

duck waterer.png

Back
Top Bottom