Does anyone use fans in their runs?

Suzi18

Crossing the Road
Apr 4, 2017
Sandusky Ohio
Just wondering if anyone out there uses fans in the chicken runs? I thought it might help with flies as well as offer a breeze on really hot days

I have put a fan in my rabbitery, but not my chicken yards. I got 67 pens, but for the ones with just one or two and close to electric---a good oscillating fan might be nice on the hotter days. They also offer a mister to attach to the front of a fan----that would really be Nice if I was your chicken.

I have put a fan in my rabbitery, but not my chicken yards. I got 67 pens, but for the ones with just one or two and close to electric---a good oscillating fan might be nice on the hotter days. They also offer a mister to attach to the front of a fan----that would really be Nice if I was your chicken.
Thank you.....I will look into that. It would be very interesting if you were my chicken. I would love a chicken that can use a computer.

With our first hoop coop we'd use a fan during the summer to get some of the heat out that got caught under the heavy tarp. I've also found that positioning the coop with the prevailing winds helps tremendously.

I'm sure folks will have some potentially more impactful suggestions, but I put a little battery operated fan in the window of my coop that I turn on at night when they're confined to the hot coop. No electricity needed and it sits on the top of my external nest box.

I am in New Mexico where we are lucky enough at least that it cools down at night. But it's starting to heat up during the day. Some people have recommended water misters. Some say they are $10 or less. Can anyone recommend a brand? Something simple I can attach to a hose would be good. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom