Does anyone work from home?

I'm a stay-at-home mom that does several things to help bring in money. Besides looking for sales, clipping coupons, etc... I build websites and teach one-on-one computer classes. I also sell eggs, chicks, teach homeschooled kids about country life (ex. how to clean a chicken), and teach gardening classes in the community.

My best advice is take what you do everyday and find a way to make a little money out of it. Mine was my computer knowledge...I just dropped my prices down where the average joe or small business or church can afford it.

I mostly work at home but took a part time job until we get some debt paid off, we'll have a TON paid off by October! I work Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays at a equipment rental place and the rest of the time I run my soap business from home. At least with my part timer I get free equipment rentals!!

Edited to add: I do a bit of dog walking/pet sitting, egg sales help with feed cost and I run a small non profit spay/neuter adoption service.

Last edited:
I work from home as a SAP Analyst. I was already working for my company for 2 years when we decided to move. The company wanted to keep the skills I had rather than train someone new, so they gave me a 40% raise and a two year contract. That contract has been extended by two more years. I am also learning some coding for some of the software my company uses. I am the only employee that works from home full time. It has truely been through God's blessings that any of this has come my way.

I work for myself as a real estate appraiser and I also work for a family owned comp (store fixture consultant) and I take care of my parents (runs to doctors, shopping and w/e they need).

We have 90 acres and its me my mom my husband and my son. Mom is really into the idea of doing a serious chicken enterprise. I have been making alot of my own clothes and knitted things which someday would be cool to sell along with eggs and chickies. I have been trying to get my photography off the ground too...it's going slow though because eveeryone in the country is broke right now...thanks George Bush!

I am a stay at home mom.
I used to work as a CNA for many years. Then the last almost 7 years I have stayed home.
my husband has been a truck driver for 7+ years. Plus in the military for 18+ years. One deployment. Getting ready for the second deployment.
We did not want our girls going to day care. It worked out with our oldest daughter where we had shifts that worked out where she didn't have to go to daycare. Then when our second daughter was born we he was truck driving and gone weeks at a time, so I became a stay at home mom... I love it. Wouldn't have it any other way.
I did do a little work outside the home about 2 years ago...took care of a lady down the road doing home care for her. She eventually went to a nursing home so I didn't have that anymore. Which was ok.
Hubby is on a military leave from driving truck. He's getting ready for the second deployment. I stay home full time...Or at least I am suppose to. Some times I think I run more now than when I was working.
Other than taking care of my family, I also do most of the work when it comes to the animals. I do most of the buying and selling with the animals we have or need. I make sure everything is taken care of for them. Feed, water, health everything. Hubby does help with building pens and fencing. And even help once in a while carry the water buckets in the winter for me...
We may not be as wealthy as we would like to be, but then I don't think most people are...But we are happy with what we have....
I probably didn't answer the question you were asking.
Shawna

Last edited:
I work as a proofreader/editor, primarily at home. I do go into the office one or two days per week for about four hours or so. I also work part time out of the home at a health food store on the weekends, about 4-6 hours per week. I used to be the manager of the store, but I left when I got the job proofreading--then I went back for some extra cash after I had my son. I also have a farm, which consumes a lot of my time and doesn't make me any money.
lol.png
I am working on building my numbers and the quality (I'm breeding to standards and hope to have some show birds later this year) of a few different breeds of chickens. I've been selling small numbers of hatching eggs--my goal with my chickens and selling birds/eggs is to have the hobby pay for itself--I don't expect to actually turn a profit there, but if the birds can "pull their own weight" that will help, for sure!

I recently started my own business. I need to be home if my son needs me so a "regular" job was hard to find. I do sign rentals, storks, birthdays, flamingos and a 5' tall White Jumpsuit Elvis (I love that one). I work only when I have orders and its usually during the day or late at night. It cost about $3000 to get started but you can start with just Storks for a few hundred $. No one in this area does it so i thought it was a good bet. They do it where my mom lives and they are all over the place, I think there are 3 companies.

i don't necessarily work at home, but i have an at home biz.

i repair english saddles and am also a saddle fitter who travels 3 days a week. the repair aspect is in my basement, so spend quite a bit of time in the "light bright dungeon".

i make decent money and can pay my mortgage but i won't be getting rich anytime soon.

growing up a friends mom was a medical transcriber as well as ran a very small daycare for all her friends. she made decent money at it from what i recall.

Back
Top Bottom