Does condensation hve any negative effects?

EggsForIHOP

Songster
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
TEXAS
Okay...see...here's the thing....

Middle of last month we got our FIRST EGG! Pretty cool! Now, we are up to 13 eggs! well...actually 10...we did eat the first three
smile.png
Couldn't stop myself, I HAD to crack them open and then, well, I had to cook them right? But see I just realized today...

Every time I get an egg I pull the whole carton outta the fridge and take a pic (I know, big dork, but it makes me smile to see them finally all lined up in there). Well, today, I realized as I sat on the porch that the older eggs were developing little condensation water drops like a glass of iced tea on a hot day. I was out there because the lighting is so much better....anyways...

Point being this: If you shouldn't really wash them until right before you use them, does condensation count as washing? Should I be worried any? Am I paranoid? A few were kinda dirty...wiped off what I could, but had big plans to wash prior to use... I have no problem scrambling them all well done - actually after working in a restaurant and seeing how we store eggs I think I am probably in no danger here...but still...I was wondering if it counts as washing when they get all wet from the condensation of being out of the fridge?

condescension has many negative effects but I don't know about condensation and am curious about the answer.

I think the frig would take care of any condensation. Chill, don't sweat the small stuff
gig.gif

My girls had homemade yogurt with oatmeal added today....your recipe! It was gone in record time...have learned to stand back after having yogurt splattered all over me while I was watching the chaos!
lau.gif
Thanks again for sharing!
thumbsup.gif

Boo-Boo's Mama :

I think the frig would take care of any condensation. Chill, don't sweat the small stuff
gig.gif

My girls had homemade yogurt with oatmeal added today....your recipe! It was gone in record time...have learned to stand back after having yogurt splattered all over me while I was watching the chaos!
lau.gif
Thanks again for sharing!
thumbsup.gif

I am going to have to try that!!!​

Back
Top Bottom