Does God care if we are happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
**Please don't participate if you are going to get offended or get your feelings hurt. Just walk on by. I am really curious to hear what others think and don't want this thread shut down. Play nice.

***I am coming to this from a Judeo-Christian perspective. If that is not your belief system that is your choice. You are still welcome to share your thoughts. Just don't preach (and I won't either.
smile.png
)

So this came out of a conversation with a friend. Do you think God cares if we are happy? I can't find any Scripture that says that He does care about that. I can find where He cares if we believe, if we have faith, if we are obedient, if we are kind to others, etc. I can't find anything that says our happiness is an issue for Him. So what do you think? If you have a Scripture reference, please share it.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Oh yes!! I do believe he wants us to be happy!!! Scripture says our God is a loving god. And to me if you love somebody you want them to be happy, right? Am I making sense?

Yes..I do believe of we follow him he will bring us happiness. I mean when you live right-do things right-act right etc.. he pays you back in fleshly happiness-love-joy-health-fighting the sins of flesh is the biggest enemy-the thoughts the actions etc..I noticed when I am on my game and act accordingly things happen in my life that make me happy...It's how you perceive those things and who you attribute it to. I thank him all the time when good things happen to me-even the bad as I knw there's a lesson to be learned from those bad -hard times..

Thank you, Sonew. That was a good answer. That makes sense.

But is it you think that He wants us to be happy or that we ARE happy when we are thankful to Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom