Does God care if we are happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Actually, aren't we told to take everything back to Scripture? That truth comes from God's Word? If you don't need Scripture how do you know what you are hearing is the truth?

You can if you believe in God and listen to what he says
wink.png

I'm keeping my answer as Yes!!

Quote:
Actually, aren't we told to take everything back to Scripture? That truth comes from God's Word? If you don't need Scripture how do you know what you are hearing is the truth?

Because I know the sound of Jesus' voice.

Psalm 97:11-12 - "Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name." (NIV)

There are lots of verses that refer to joy of the heart and to be joyous. I believe Happy and Joyous could be synonymous. Psalms has a lot of these type verses.

Last edited:
Proverbs 8:21

"That I may cause those who love me to inherit (true) riches and that Imay fill their treasures."

Job 22:21

Acquiant now yourself with him ( agree with God and show yourself to be conformed to His will) and be at peace; by that (you shall prosper and great) good shall come to you.

The good (IMO) is our happiness:)

Ok, yes our God is a loving God, however, please read I Corinthians 13. That is God's version of love. It says nowhere that He desires us to be happy. It DOES say that you will find joy through Him, and His desire for us is to come to know Him, live through Him, and that will bring us joy, hence making us happy.

Was that circular enough for everyone?

I found some scripture. Ive been researching for about ten minutes. here ya go See Eccl. 2:24; 3:12-13,22; 5:18-19; 9:9. I found it on the internet then looked it up. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom