Does God care if we are happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I will go back and reread I Corinthians 13.
smile.png

What if we are having a rough time or are in a bad mood because of decisions He has made though? How do you become happy/jouous over really rotten things?

Quote:
smile.png

What if we are having a rough time or are in a bad mood because of decisions He has made though? How do you become happy/jouous over really rotten things?

His actions and trials and blessings are perfect. He is perfect and He does not make mistakes. We, however, are human and we do make mistakes.

Quote:
Another fine point, and kind of what I was getting at as well. But let's dig a little deeper...without the bad hard times, how would we know when the good times come? I mean, how would happiness even present itself in the first place if everything comes so easily? Truth be told, God designed it perfectly, so that during the hard times He draws us in closer when we have strayed, and in the good times, He is right there celebrating with us like a proud Father showing off pics of His children. The price paid is necessary for the experience and knowledge we gain from it, so no we can't be happy all the time, but we can always be appreciative.

Quote:
Another fine point, and kind of what I was getting at as well. But let's dig a little deeper...without the bad hard times, how would we know when the good times come? I mean, how would happiness even present itself in the first place if everything comes so easily? Truth be told, God designed it perfectly, so that during the hard times He draws us in closer when we have strayed, and in the good times, He is right there celebrating with us like a proud Father showing off pics of His children. The price paid is necessary for the experience and knowledge we gain from it, so no we can't be happy all the time, but we can always be appreciative.

The ultimate price was paid for us. He gives us trials to teach us some major lessons in life, and sometimes those lessons are simply to trust Him more and doubt Him less. ANY Christian has asked the question "Why did He do this to me?"

Quote:
smile.png

I don't think Job was Joyous through out all the tribulations he went through, but he did not turn from the Lord and that was the key.

Dang, y'all are wise tonight. I think you for your thoughts.
smile.png

I have to go grade things now or I won't get finals graded. Feel free to carry on the discussion though. I'll check back in tomorrow morning.

I do appreciate the help though. This has been a sticking point for a while now. I'm about tired of it.
hmm.png

My parting question- have you ever been disappointed with God and His plan?
Okay... carry on.
smile.png

Quote:
During the trial? Heck YEAH!!! When it was over and I realized the lesson? NO WAY. Like I said, His plan for me is perfect and I am not one to question Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom