Does Ideal notify you when they have shipped your chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Brahmamama4, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Brahmamama4

Brahmamama4 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    Washington
    I called early this morning and they had not shipped the chicks yet, but they were supposed to hatch today so I was wondering if they normally let you know when they are on their way? I'm just anxious and wondering since they have closed for the day :(

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I got an email from them.

3. Countrychick8540

Countrychick8540 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    I got an email yesterday AND today saying they shipped...so I don't know what day mine shipped! lol [​IMG]

4. kmb221

kmb221 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Shippensburg, PA
    I ordered from Ideal and received the email the day they were shipped.

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    When I ordered from Ideal (about a month ago), they told me they would only send an email if there was a hatching problem and my ship date needed to be changed. So I never got an email saying my chicks hatched, but they arrived the day they were supposed to. Good luck!

6. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

In the three or four times I've ordered from them they will typically send two emails, both saying the chicks have been shipped.

They usually ship on Wednesdays with me receiving them on Thursday....so the emails are sent Tuesday and then repeated on Wednesday.

Gail

7. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    they sent me two emails also. No phone call, which I would prefer. they said it could take up to 72 hours for them to get to me, got them in about 24 hours.

8. Brahmamama4

Brahmamama4 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    Washington
    Thank you so much for the responses! I didn't receive an email saying they had shipped even though the original order email told me I would. I've never ordered through them before so I didn't really know what to expect. Just called Ideal this morning and they said that they shipped out yesterday [​IMG] Well, I'm excited that they are at least on their way! I'm hoping they are here sometime today and already talked to someone at the PO to make sure they are on alert! haha They get about 4 express trucks a day so they could come any time today or more likely tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

9. Maev

Maev Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2012
    Yakima, WA
    I never received an email from them either. And my chicks arrived a whole 24 hours before I was expecting them. lol I'm in WA also and I received my chicks on Thursday morning last week. Good luck with your chicks! My fingers are crossed for you for healthy and active chicks! [​IMG]

10. ChickenLVR

ChickenLVR Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    Northern California
    I got 5 emails from them saying my order had shipped! 2 on Tuesday and 3 Wednesday and they were at my post office in ca @ 4am Thursday. So I was a little confused about when they actually shipped! Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by