Does it look like my panda corys have red blotch disease?

cluckingheck

i wanna be a cowboy, baby ( HELL YEAH )
Jun 15, 2020
TyCo, West Virginia

I recently did a big water change ( few days ago, almost 50% ) and I noticed red on my pandas today. I didn’t know if they were still stressed from the water change or if it’s just normal coloration for them? They’re all active and eating, so I don’t know.

EDIT: give me a minute, I uploaded the wrong video

Here’s the right video

Last edited:

I recently did a big water change ( few days ago, almost 50% ) and I noticed red on my pandas today. I didn’t know if they were still stressed from the water change or if it’s just normal coloration for them? They’re all active and eating, so I don’t know.

Here’s the right video
@cluckingheck, I don’t see too much out of the ordinary. Seems like normal cuties to me!
In the picture below, it describes that their coloration includes pink, which I can see on yours. I don’t have panda Cory’s, but we do have an albino Cory and a green Cory.
42F8B89E-AFB0-4B23-A3D1-705FD6C792A6.png

Here’s the right video
Red blotch disease can be caused by a plethora of things, including injuries or even high nitrate levels. And even if it is that, which I don’t believe it is, all you would have to do is give them a 15 to 30 minute salt bath.

@cluckingheck, I don’t see too much out of the ordinary. Seems like normal cuties to me!
In the picture below, it describes that their coloration includes pink, which I can see on yours. I don’t have panda Cory’s, but we do have an albino Cory and a green Cory.
View attachment 2918962
Yeah, that’s what people have reassured me that there’s nothing wrong with them. it’s just red blood vessels showing through their skins, is what I was told. Told be not to worry about it because they’re obviously very active & enthusiastic.

Yeah, that’s what people have reassured me that there’s nothing wrong with them. it’s just red blood vessels showing through their skins, is what I was told. Told be not to worry about it because they’re obviously very active & enthusiastic.
Glad to help. Okay. Here are some more signs to look out for though, I would just watch them closely. :)

Ours lived on rock for a long while, but then were changed over to sand. They really like the sand.
0B14164D-51D1-4505-963E-8878DCE46F12.png

Back
Top Bottom