Does it matter where I get my eggs from?

therandomhatcher

Chirping
Apr 2, 2021
Hello, I was wondering if eBay eggs were safe in the disease manner. Will I end up getting egg-transmitted diseases? Can't they just lie about being ai clean and npip certified?

anyone can, that's why its the buyers job to check the database and make sure they are truthful. and there are no such things as ebay eggs, any farm can sell on ebay, its just a platform. you'll find a number of scams on ebay just because its easy to scam om ebay.

also i hope you know that just because someone is NPIP does not mean they arent disease free. NPIP tests for an outdated disease that hasnt been prevalent for decades.

Just saying, I am not planning on lying about being npip. I was just wondering if they could say the people selling the eggs could.

also i hope you know that just because someone is NPIP does not mean they arent disease free. NPIP tests for an outdated disease that hasnt been prevalent for decades.
There are more diseases than just the "big one" (can't remember the name right now but I know it had been a huge deal) that are tested. Different states require different tests to accept eggs

Back
Top Bottom