Does it matter which wing to clip?

CaramelKittey

Crowing
Feb 15, 2019
New Jersey
Hi all! I've been working on a video project about wing clipping, and although I prefer to clip both wings, I'm trying to give every option for clipping wings. I am 99% sure it doesn't matter which wing to clip if you choose to only clip one wing, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't spreading misinformation. Thanks in advance!

Clip right wing on half of the flock and left on other half. The chickens will know they can’t fly straight, and rather than risk flying into each other, they stay on the ground.

Just kidding. Doesn’t matter what wing to clip.

Clip right wing on half of the flock and left on other half. The chickens will know they can’t fly straight, and rather than risk flying into each other, they stay on the ground.

Just kidding. Doesn’t matter what wing to clip.
Thank you! You scared me for a minute! 🤣

Thank you both! I will definitely mention the cons of clipping wings in the project as well! Most of my birds are enclosed in their coop and run area at all times, and their wings aren't clipped as they are for exhibition purposes. I usually end up clipping the wings of a couple of my free range girls since they have learned how to jump the six foot chain link fence because apparently 1/4+ acre isn't enough space for 14 chickens to roam. 🙃

Back
Top Bottom