Does my cat look pregnant?

When my hubby felt kitty's move she had them 2 days later. I would say if she's in and out of box and it's tucked away from other cats your good. Remember they need a lot of good food and protein when nursing ours lost a lot of weight then we broke down and bought those canned cat food! But she put weight back on and all kittens survived. She was hunting and bringing food to them at 6 weeks. We gave her along with kittens to local farm so she could keep them corralled.

Ours has hers in my wife’s closet. Then we got her spayed. Don’t want any more of that
I once had a barn cat that didn't think motherhood was for her. When her kittens were about two weeks old or so she would deposit them on the back step for me to raise. This happened more than once so it wasn't an accident. I never could catch her so I could get her spade. Fortunately she did not have big litters.

The only thing is, I can’t keep her in the house because my dad is allergic to cats and will get sick if we keep her in the house. I don’t know what to do. Just pray she will give birth in our loft (storage area) that she has access to? I put a birthing box in there and she’s been laying in it on and off, so I’m not sure. Thanks for all the help! :)
Do you have a garage? Or a way to contain her in the storage area? It will be much safer for her if you can. Saying my prayers that all goes well for her!
Also if you check around you might find that there is somewhere that does spays for little to no cost. If not I know around here you can get a certificate from the pound to give to your vet that will cut the price down significantly.

How will I know she’s in labor? Are contractions obvious? Any signs of labor that a obvious?
She will probably start nesting which may or may not be obvious to you. If she’s fond of anyone in your family she may be extra insistent for affection and want them to sit with her.
She will likely go off her food and may seem restless, getting up a lot and crying. Some of it depends on the cat and how well she trusts you though. Some momma cats will want you there the whole time and want to show off their babies and some will hide and may not let you see the kittens for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom