does sevin dust actually work for lice?

chooniecat

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
central ohio
My question is actually WHAT kind of sevin(is it for gardens?poultry? other creature?)and where to purchase before I leave the house. I have had a heck of a week with gapeworm,roundworm and picked up one of my ee's today and she has LICE on her vent. gag. the chickens will ALL be treated with the inj. ivomec tomorrow and I ASSUME that won't affect external parasites. will treat with powder later. I have been a bad mom.

Mine had some kind of crawlies. I could feel them but couldn't see them on me. I treated them with 5% seven garden dust (got it at walmart) but couldn't stand the dusting them. I was well dusted myself. It killed them well but I decided to use ivomec pour on for the 10 day follow up treatment. So yes the seven dust works and so does the ivomec.
sharon

Ivomec pour on-is it for chickens or WHAT animal? this gets so confusing. and if I am pouring it on is it a DIP or just a top spot like treatment(like I do on my dogs/cats) where they get a dab of it on their necks? thanks.

It's ivomec pour on for beef and dairy cattle. It also has Eprinex on the label. I got it from jeffers livestock. Yes you put a couple drops on the back of their neck or between their shoulder blades. You can do a search here and find info on how people use it. There seem to be different ways different people use it. Just pick a method and go for it.
sharon

Quote:
thank you-I want to have different treatrments available so I don't use the same thing every time(as I have heard you should) and when I started researching, my TSC only had wazine for cattle, not poultry. so I want to know for sure when I grab something its whats been referred to on here.

From what I understand there aren't a lot of medicines made for poultry. A lot of what is used is actually repurposed. Much of it is for cattle. Somewhere recently I read that it is mainly because there isn't enough of a market for poultry meds. If you search on here you will find what people actually use and what they use it for. There have been some posts about what medicine to have on hand to be well prepared. You can search for them as well. They were helpful to me.
sharon

Back
Top Bottom