Does Smelleze, a deodorizing coop product work?

No not yet, just trying to plan ahead just in case, we’re in Florida and was worried about the humidity...
Is your run covered? If it is, and it's large enough for your flock, just add lots of dry material to the run and let the chickens scratch through it. If the rain can't get in there the humidity shouldn't be a problem with plenty of dry matter added regularly. It should cold compost for you.

Is your run covered? If it is, and it's large enough for your flock, just add lots of dry material to the run and let the chickens scratch through it. If the rain can't get in there the humidity shouldn't be a problem with plenty of dry matter added regularly. It should cold compost for you.

Thanks! Yeah the run is covered but like Tropical Storm Cristobal right now the wind and rains are sideways so some of the run gets wet...

Yea, just came inside from looking at how much TS Cristobal is getting my covered run wet. I planned ahead and got a bail of pine flake from ocean springs TSC. Its time for monthly maintenance anyway. The 6x14 coop/run is a little damp on the open end but not bad. I put a wind and rain break down the backside so blowing rain does get bad. It works as good as I thought it would. Not much wind as of yet and not looking for much as this TS is nothing but some rain.
Tomorrow I will rake the wet pine shaving up and scoop them up with the snow Shovel and add them to the outside deep litter 10x30 netted run.
Then spray everything with permethrin as its time. I'll put a little PDZ down on the floor before I put down shaving. That will kill any smell of a damp floor until the shaving take over.

Attachments

• v.jpg
    v.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
  • vv.jpg
    vv.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Yea, just came inside from looking at how much TS Cristobal is getting my covered run wet. I planned ahead and got a bail of pine flake from ocean springs TSC. Its time for monthly maintenance anyway. The 6x14 coop/run is a little damp on the open end but not bad. I put a wind and rain break down the backside so blowing rain does get bad. It works as good as I thought it would. Not much wind as of yet and not looking for much as this TS is nothing but some rain.
Tomorrow I will rake the wet pine shaving up and scoop them up with the snow Shovel and add them to the outside deep litter 10x30 netted run.
Then spray everything with permethrin as its time. I'll put a little PDZ down on the floor before I put down shaving. That will kill any smell of a damp floor until the shaving take over.

Thanks! I’ll try it your way!

No problem. My way? LOL it seems to be the way many here are going. The sweet PDZ stall fresh found at tractor supply /feed stores is not only priced right but effective for smell and keeps flies down. Safe non toxic. Use it on my poop boards mostly but I put it in or around the coop on the ground. I used it on the compost piles one time as they were new and not bio digesting yet and had a smell.

No problem. My way? LOL it seems to be the way many here are going. The sweet PDZ stall fresh found at tractor supply /feed stores is not only priced right but effective for smell and keeps flies down. Safe non toxic. Use it on my poop boards mostly but I put it in or around the coop on the ground. I used it on the compost piles one time as they were new and not bio digesting yet and had a smell.

For some reason how you explained it sounded simpler 😅 thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom