Does the float test "kill" eggs!!???

Quote:
<3 tyvm for the supporting comment.. I will give them till monday or so.. Worst comes to worst, a fellow BYC'er is going to send me some button eggs for my birthday.. So, I can hope for a better hatch with them.

Quote:
<3 tyvm for the supporting comment.. I will give them till monday or so.. Worst comes to worst, a fellow BYC'er is going to send me some button eggs for my birthday.. So, I can hope for a better hatch with them.

I hope they are ok
fl.gif
and you have a good hatch still no news from me
sad.png
but i will give them a few more days
hu.gif

Quote:
I've sniffed them and no stinkers... So far... I have to open the bator to turn the younger eggs... Put them in before I realized you could store eggs..
sad.png
Checked very carefully for pipping... But you are right I could have missed some
sad.png

Quote:

I hope they are ok
fl.gif
and you have a good hatch still no news from me
sad.png
but i will give them a few more days
hu.gif

I've been in nearly constant tears since I heard I might have killed my eggs..... Hopefully they are just going to be stragglers...
fl.gif
to you!!!!!!!

I AM NO EXPERT!! I do use the float test and so far it has never hurt one. I used it with my duck egg and because he needed more humidity than chickens I actually think thay is one thing that helped him survive. I did it once a day for the last 5 days before he hatched. I made sure the temp was what they call Blood temperature. Best of luck to you.
But if he doesn't make it please don't blame yourself. I did it to be sure there was life because it gets so dark you never know and you can give up on a perfectly healthy but late hatcher.

The only time I did a staggered hatch (I did it before reading on here that you shouldn't) I put some eggs in one week after the first. Therefore when I put them in lockdown I had to decide which I wanted to salvage the most....the first hatch..or the later hatch. I decided to put them in lockdown and stopped turning the newer eggs and raise the humidity for the first hatchers. As soon as my first hatchers all hatched I swabbed out the water and let it dry out for 2 days and started back turning the next hatchers. Got the humidity back up after 2 days and then when it was time I put the next hatchers in lockdown and hatched all but one of them. Luck, maybe. But I was thrilled.

Quote:
Well it is a really staggard hatch.. Like one day egg was laid and put in then next day, an so on.. 2 are "due" today.. Going to store the eggs for the next week or so that are laid... So they aren't as wierd...

Quote:
Well it is a really staggard hatch.. Like one day egg was laid and put in then next day, an so on.. 2 are "due" today.. Going to store the eggs for the next week or so that are laid... So they aren't as wierd...

Anything yet?

Back
Top Bottom