Does the mille fleur colour exist in large fowl, or is it a bantam only colour?

CurvyCoop

Songster
Feb 11, 2022
Groningen, the Netherlands
I love the mille fleur colour, it's probably one of my favourite colours. Right now I have two little dutch booted bantams in mille fleur, they live with my other 5 large fowl chickens. I love their pretty feathers. I'm expanding my run this winter so next spring I could potentially get some more chickens. I do prefer large fowl over bantams because of the eggs size. There are a few other breeds on my favourites list (mostly coloured layers), but I was wondering if large fowl mille fleur breeds exist or if it's exclusively a bantam colour?

I did some googling myself and the only thing I could find was someone in the UK who has a special mille fleur sussex breeding project. This is one of her pullets from the website:
mf wyan.jpg

This is pretty much what I'm looking for, but I don't think she sells hatching eggs. Are there any (other) breeds like this?
Just to be clear I'm not talking about the porcelain sussex or the porcelain leghorn. Those are too red. I'm specifically talking about the orangey mille fleur colour. Don't ask me why, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I've never liked the red porcelain feather colour. It has to be the orangey colour for me :idunno

I love the mille fleur colour, it's probably one of my favourite colours. Right now I have two little dutch booted bantams in mille fleur, they live with my other 5 large fowl chickens. I love their pretty feathers. I'm expanding my run this winter so next spring I could potentially get some more chickens. I do prefer large fowl over bantams because of the eggs size. There are a few other breeds on my favourites list (mostly coloured layers), but I was wondering if large fowl mille fleur breeds exist or if it's exclusively a bantam colour?

I did some googling myself and the only thing I could find was someone in the UK who has a special mille fleur sussex breeding project. This is one of her pullets from the website:
View attachment 3222636

This is pretty much what I'm looking for, but I don't think she sells hatching eggs. Are there any (other) breeds like this?
Just to be clear I'm not talking about the porcelain sussex or the porcelain leghorn. Those are too red. I'm specifically talking about the orangey mille fleur colour. Don't ask me why, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I've never liked the red porcelain feather colour. It has to be the orangey colour for me :idunno

There is the Alohas a Breed created by Sommer Prosser out of Arizona.
She's working on several color varieties one being Millie Fleur
Here's a picture of one of hers.
She has a Facebook Group you might join love to see more working on her Alohas 🤗
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/286067051831848/?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1684758655224.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684758655224.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom